Join the Ohana Garage Door Team!
The garage door industry is one of the fastest growing trades!
Garage doors are on nearly every home in the greater Houston area, and in spite of the unusual times we are living in, Ohana has experienced growth and we are looking to bring more team members on.
What can we offer YOU?
A great work environment! We are unique in that we invest our time and attention making real connections with all our employees. Our employees are important to us and we strive to create a friendly atmosphere that fosters true fellowship.
Very competitive pay. We have one of the best pay packages around. We believe in investing in our technicians, and giving them the ability to truly thrive, not just get by.
On-the-job Training. At Ohana we have a formula for success both in customer interaction and technical skills that we spend a significant amount of time to train you in.
Company Uniforms and Vehicle Provided. We build trust with our customers by having branded technicians and trucks arrive on-site. One measure towards your success.
Industry Specific Tools Provided. We will literally provide you with tools needed to succeed.
How do you fit in?
We are looking for a motivated individual who aligns with our Core Values. Previous garage door repair experience not required, we provide paid training.
As a technician, you will be responsible for servicing residential garage doors, as well as sales of those repairs. Technicians travel to multiple service calls throughout the day. Each day is different.
Garage Door Apprentice / Technician
Pay: $45K- $85K per year
Ohana's Core Values
To succeed, you will need to be organized, efficient, and have practical problem-solving skills. You will be interacting with our customers daily and having patient and respectful behavior is a must as you are representing our Ohana Garage Doors.
Responsibilities: (This list may not include all the duties assigned)
- Assemble mechanical components or machine parts.
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Order replacement springs, sections, or slats
- Repair or replace worn or broken door parts using hand tools.
- Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair.
- Remove parts or components from equipment.
- Install hardware or other interior fixtures.
- Run wiring to connect equipment.
- Lubricate equipment to allow proper functioning.
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure its functioning properly.
- Document operational activities
- Collect payments for good or services.
Basic Position Requirements:
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills
- Physically able to move items weighing 75 lbs or higher.
- Able to bend, climb, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Possess interpersonal skills to relate to customers and solve issues.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with others under any type of condition.
- Ability to multitask with different, and sometimes conflicting events happening at the same time.
- Ability to relay information in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be persuasive with customers when necessary.
- Reliable and Self Motivated
- Knowledge of computers and tablet use
- Knowledge in google search, and Navigation systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of hand tools, mechanical tools, and garage door experience is a plus, but not required.
- GED, High School Diploma, or suitable equivalent
- 8 weeks apprentice training in home location market
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace.
- Must be able to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short notice.
- The job environment is fast paced and results oriented.
- Be able to drive a company vehicle and possess a valid driver license.
- Must pass Drug test, Background check and Motor Vehicle check.
Equipment / Tools:
- Hand tools and mechanical tools
- GPS equipment
- PTO/Sick time
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision Insurance
- Growth opportunity and career path
PLEASE NOTE: Ohana Garage Door Service reserves the right to change, modify or add to the duties and essential functions at any time.
Complete the form below to apply.